2021 IWR Lambing School
Time & Location
About the Event
Iron Water Ranch will be hosting our lambing school in our lambing barn on January 23, 2021. We hope to give shepherds the confidence to handle problems and give them the tools to react and take some of the stress of lambing off their shoulders. With the combined knowledge of 3 generations of shepherds, we have seen almost every curveball that sheep can throw. We will be discussing topics such as:
- What is necessary in a lambing kit
- How to diagnose and treat problems (lamb & ewe)
- Ewe and lamb nutrition
- Lambing barn set up
- How and when to vaccinate
- Pregnant ewe care
- Responsible breeding decisions
- Lamb vaccinations, tail docking, ear tagging, castration
Cost is $90 per person and lunch will be provided! Please bring face masks/coverings. There will be plenty of space to social distance, but some activities require closer proximity. We want everyone to be safe!
We hope to have a great day! Bring your questions!